History

The land Bohally Intermediate is situated on was farmed by Charles and Christine Fulton. Mr and Mrs Fulton called their farm ‘Bohally’ after the Fulton ancestral home on the shores of Loch Tummel in Perthshire, Scotland.
This block of land was nothing more than a swamp covered with flax. Through this swamp ran a small spring feed stream. This stream, Fulton Creek, now forms our southern boundary.
Bohally Intermediate School was opened in 1956 to 185 students under the leadership of the first Principal, Mr G S Brash.

Events that shaped the history of Bohally
1956 
Bohally Intermediate School welcomed its first 185 Form 1 students
1963 Marlborough Girls' School opened
1966 Last year of school milk
1982 Swimming pool opened
2000 Marlborough Technology Centre opened